Delivery and Risk
- Unless we agree otherwise with you, then we will normally ensure that Goods are delivered to you no later than 30 days from the day after you submitted your Order to us. If we cannot deliver Goods to you within 30 days, then we will give you prior notification and arrange an alternative date. If you do not agree to the alternative date, then you are entitled to cancel the Order and receive a full refund.
- We shall use reasonable endeavours to despatch Goods to you by the estimated delivery date, but we shall not accept liability for failure to deliver within the stated time or on a stated day, where this is caused by circumstances beyond our reasonable control, such as delays caused by delivery companies or manufacturer lead times. You will not be entitled to damages or compensation if delivery of Goods does not occur on the estimated delivery date.
- If a delay is likely, we shall contact you to advise of the delay. You are entitled to cancel an Order when advised of a delay if the revised delivery date is not acceptable to you.
- Delivery is deemed to take place when the Goods are delivered to your nominated address, whereupon the risks of loss, breakage and all damage and all other risks shall pass to you.
- If you cannot accept delivery, we may at our option re-arrange delivery provided that we may charge you for the additional delivery costs incurred.
- Upon delivery of the Goods, you will be asked to sign a Proof of Delivery to acknowledge safe receipt. It is your responsibility to ensure that the number of packages delivered corresponds with the number stated on the delivery note. Where a discrepancy occurs or where there is evident damage to the packaging, you should either note this on the Proof of Delivery or refuse to accept delivery of the Order.
- We shall not be liable for discrepancies or damage evident on delivery where you accept de-livery and sign the Proof of Delivery without amendment.
- You may request a copy of the Proof of Delivery, provided that this request is made within 7 days of the date of delivery and we shall use reasonable endeavours to provide such proof. If you do not make such a request, or notify us then we shall be entitled to assume that all the Goods in your Order have been delivered successfully.
- You should notify us as soon as possible and in any event no later than 48 hours after deli-very in the event that Goods are found to be damaged on delivery, items are missing, the Goods are not as specified in the Order Confirmation or delivery does not take place on the estimated delivery date. If you need to return any Goods, then please see our Returns policy below.
Returns and Warranties
- If you need to return Goods to us, then a Goods Returns Materials Authorisation Number (GAN) must be obtained from us for each and every return so that we are able to administratively process your return, otherwise we have no means of identifying the Goods being returned. This may result in difficulties in returning monies. You will be sent a GAN acknowledgement by. The GAN must be clearly shown on each parcel returned, and must be in the original manufacturer’s packaging (which shall not be defaced) complete with accessories, manuals and documentation. Software packages must be returned unopened with the Software seals intact. Except in the case of faulty Goods, returned items not complying with these requirements will be rejected.
- In the event that any Goods Delivered to you do not correspond with the Goods in the Order Confirmation, or have been Delivered to you by mistake, then you will be under a duty to take reasonable care of such Goods and to contact our Customer Services team immediately no later than 14 days.
- Please, contact us at email@example.com to obtain the details of returning process.
- Your Right to Cancel (a) You are entitled to cancel your Order for any reason until, but no later than the end of the 7th Working Day after the day of receipt of the Goods. (b) You should cancel Goods purchased from us by sending a written notice of cancellation via email address (c) On cancella-tion of an Order, you must return the Goods to us in their original condition and undamaged. When you cancel an order, you will have to pay the carriage costs for returning the Goods to us unless we have not been able to supply the Goods as ordered and have substituted alternative Goods. You must take reasona-ble care to ensure that the Goods are properly packaged so that they will not be damaged whilst in transit. If you do not arrange to return the Goods to us, then you are under a duty to make the Goods available for collection at your expense from the address to which they were delivered. (d) You will not be permitted to cancel a purchase for Software supplied on CD, DVD or other similar storage devices if the Software packaging has been unwrapped or the seal has been broken. When you cancel an Order, we will refund the price paid, less any direct cost of recovering the Goods (when applicable), within a period of 30 days from the date of cancellation.
- Care of Goods to be Returned Whilst in possession of the Goods you are under a statutory duty to take reasonable care of them. We reserve the right to claim against you for Goods returned which have been made unfit for resale or damaged whilst in your possession.
- Return of Defective Goods (a) In the event that Goods are found to be defective at any time within the first 30 days from delivery then please contact our Customer Services team immediately that you become aware of the defect, ensuring that you have the item’s serial number available to provide to our staff. Different manufacturers have differing policies for dealing with Goods, which are termed ‘dead on arrival’ meaning that the Goods are found to be faulty either on delivery or very shortly afterwards. You will therefore be advised by our Customer Services team of the relevant manufacturer’s returns policy. In the event that a manufacturer’s returns policy applies we will not charge you for the collection of the Defective Goods. It is your responsibility to package and secure the Goods prior to collection to prevent damage during their return to us. (b) We shall at our option repair or replace such Defective Goods (or the defective part) and only if a repair or replacement is not possible or would be disproportionate to the price of such Goods we shall at our discretion refund the price of such Defective Goods at the pro-rata contract rate provided that you return the Defective Goods to us with all internal and external parts that were delivered with the Goods. (c) If we arrange for a courier collection of your Goods, this will normally take place between 9.00am and 2.30pm, and it is your responsibility to ensure that someone will be present at the collection address when the courier arrives. (d) On receipt by us of the returned Defective Goods, if following the testing process the Defective Goods are found to be in good working order without defect, we will return the Goods to you, and the carriage costs of this return will be your responsibility. Please note that if you have, in the meantime, required us to provide you with replacement Goods before completion of the testing process, you will be liable to pay for these Goods. If, when we examine the Defective Goods, it is evident that the defect has arisen because you have failed to follow Ednology’s or the manufacturer’s instructions as to the storage, installation, commissioning, use or maintenance of the Goods, or if you have altered the Goods without the written consent of Ednology then we reserve the right to refuse a repair, replacement or refund. (e) You should note that we adhere to individual manufacturers’ guidelines in respect of acceptable deviation of quality of certain items. Therefore, we reserve the right not to accept Goods considered by you to be defective if the error or fault is within the manufacturer’s accepted manufacturing tolerances. If you have any doubt, please contact our Customer Services. As an example, due to the current manufacturing methods of active matrix display panels, a small percentage of sub-pixel anomalies (i.e. a pixel that is stuck on or off) are accepted by the industry as unavoidable. Accordingly, because the manufacturing yield of perfect active matrix panels is low, displays may have some sub-pixels that are either always on or off. The cost of accepting only theoretically perfect displays would almost double the price of a portable computer using an LCD screen. Please be aware of this before purchasing a TFT screen.
- Warranty Claims (a) If Goods become faulty more than 30 days after delivery then you are advised to contact the manufacturer and use their warranty procedure. Unless otherwise stated in the manufacturer’s documentation, all Goods carry a manufacturer’s warranty. (b) You should note that cer-tain Goods have a reduced warranty period. In particular, Goods specified as ‘refurbished’ are only sub-ject to a 3-month warranty from the date of delivery. Your statutory rights are not affected when you purchase such Goods.
- Provision Of Services (a) If you purchase Services from us, then we shall use our skill and expertise to carry out the Services to a standard equivalent to that of a competent computer professional, and shall warrant our work as free from defects, for a period of 30 days after completion. In particular, we cannot be held responsible for any fault or damage not caused by our services engineers or their con-tracted agents. In the event of a claim arising relating to the level of skill and judgement applied in the course of providing Services, we reserve at our sole discretion the right to appoint an independent expert in the field to appraise the work carried out in the execution of the Service(s). (b) We accept no liability for equipment installed or configured by us when the equipment has subsequently been altered or confi-gured by persons other than ourselves or our agents. Except as set out here, all other express or implied terms or warranties relating to the Services are excluded to the fullest extent permitted by law.